How many will join the Challenge?



Take a look around and get creative - make a video, audio, dance, or sculpture - anything you like!

Contact Nathan: sonnetchallenge [AT] gmail [DOT] com

Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 21 - Sonnet #25



Let those who are in favour with their stars,
Of public honour and proud titles boast,
Whilst I whom fortune of such triumph bars
Unlooked for joy in that I honour most;
Great princes' favourites their fair leaves spread,
But as the marigold at the sun's eye,
And in themselves their pride lies buried,
For at a frown they in their glory die.
The painful warrior famoused for fight,
After a thousand victories once foiled,
Is from the book of honour razed quite,
And all the rest forgot for which he toiled:
Then happy I that love and am beloved
Where I may not remove nor be removed.

As always - feedback, comments and creativity are welcome!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I saw you on the Reduced Shakespeare FB page - what a great and noble piece of work you are doing! I will surely find some way for my theatre students to get involved with this when school starts. Thank you, Nathan!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks very much janet! and yes, i've thought about contacting high schools & colleges as the fall gets closer!

    would love to hear any ideas you have on how you or your students could get even more out of this project. what would YOU like to see up here? :-)

    and what part of the world are you in?

    ReplyDelete