How many will join the Challenge?



Take a look around and get creative - make a video, audio, dance, or sculpture - anything you like!

Contact Nathan: sonnetchallenge [AT] gmail [DOT] com

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Parting is such sweet sorrow...

When I initially created this challenge, it was to do all 154 sonnets in one year. While we're not there yet, we are at over 70 sonnets - a pretty successful year if you ask me!

I've been doing lots of thinking about this project over the last six months. I've realized very recently that while I LOVE (seriously - LOVE) working on Shakespeare, it just doesn't make sense for me to continue with this project right now.

Because of what else I'm working on and how excited I am about it all, I'm finally at a point where I can't take time away to work on this challenge (I wondered if/when this day might come).

Thank you SO MUCH for your support and for your interest in what's been happening here. It's been nothing short of wonderful to work on these works week in and week out for the last year, and to share that with all of you.

You are always welcome to submit for the Challenge and I will definitely post it. This is not to say the Sonnet Challenge will never return; let's just say we're enjoying a lengthy intermission...

I do have a feeling I'll still involve Shakespeare in my life in some capacity - I can't get away from it that easily!

If you're interested in what else I'm doing, you can see over at Nonstop Awesomeness.

All the best,
Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment