How many will join the Challenge?



Take a look around and get creative - make a video, audio, dance, or sculpture - anything you like!

Contact Nathan: sonnetchallenge [AT] gmail [DOT] com

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 70 - Sonnet #145: dark lady, hate, love, insecurity, mistress

email/feed users: if you don't see videos below, please click on the post title to be taken to the full view

a special thank you to Link for his cameo...

for more info on 145 - check out the Wikipedia page




Fun visual example




This isn't strictly by the text, but I LOVE how much energy they put into the interpretation - way to make it clear!



Those lips that Love's own hand did make,
Breathed forth the sound that said 'I hate',
To me that languished for her sake:
But when she saw my woeful state,
Straight in her heart did mercy come,
Chiding that tongue that ever sweet,
Was used in giving gentle doom:
And taught it thus anew to greet:
'I hate' she altered with an end,
That followed it as gentle day,
Doth follow night who like a fiend
From heaven to hell is flown away.
'I hate', from hate away she threw,
And saved my life saying 'not you'.

As always - feedback, comments and creativity are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment