How many will join the Challenge?



Take a look around and get creative - make a video, audio, dance, or sculpture - anything you like!

Contact Nathan: sonnetchallenge [AT] gmail [DOT] com

Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 7 - Sonnet #112

Welcome to Week 3!

I tried my best to walk (the dog) & talk - hope you can follow along ok! :-)

The website I mentioned is http://www.iloveshakespeare.com and you can HEAR all the sonnets HERE: http://sonnet.iloveshakespeare.com - thanks to William S. (a different one :) for letting me know about his work!



Your love and pity doth th' impression fill,
Which vulgar scandal stamped upon my brow,
For what care I who calls me well or ill,
So you o'er-green my bad, my good allow?
You are my all the world, and I must strive,
To know my shames and praises from your tongue,
None else to me, nor I to none alive,
That my steeled sense or changes right or wrong.
In so profound abysm I throw all care
Of others' voices, that my adder's sense,
To critic and to flatterer stopped are:
Mark how with my neglect I do dispense.
You are so strongly in my purpose bred,
That all the world besides methinks y'are dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment